|The FIU Protective Glove Program developed guidelines to advise and educate all laboratory occupants on the proper selection, use, and disposal of gloves when handling hazardous chemicals, biological agents, and radiological sources.|
The topics covered in the guideline include:
For further assistance or general inquiries, please contact the Laboratory Safety Team at 305-348-2622, or email at email@example.com.
- Selecting of Protective Gloves:
- Assist in choosing the proper type of glove to be worn when handling specific hazardous materials.
- One Glove Rule:
- Safely transporting hazardous materials through common areas.
- Glove Use in the Laboratory:
- General safety guidelines for glove usage.
- Glove Disposal:
- Guidelines of how to dispose of contaminated and non-contaminated gloves.
Please click the banner below for access to the Protective Glove Guidelines.