General Safety Self-Audit
The General Safety Self-Audit (GSSA) is a self-inspection program for FIU's departments performing industrial and general works. The GSSA has been created to help you identify and correct unsafe conditions. Additionally, it provides information about environmental, health, and safety risk levels present in the workplace, and will be available annually through an online survey.
This program supports FIU's departments by:
- Promoting FIU's community safety culture.
- Ensuring workplaces and activities follow local, state, and federal safety regulations for each specific work area.
- Identify existing or potentially hazardous conditions in the workplace.
- Recommend corrective actions to prevent incidents, illnesses, and injuries.
- Listen to the safety concerns of workers and supervisors.
- Monitor hazard controls.
The GSSA will be used, in conjunction with EH&S's on-site inspections, to ensure safer environments, compliance with local, state, and federal safety regulations, implement corrective actions, and help personnel to improve and implement safe work practices and procedures.
Access to the GSSA will be restricted to managers and supervisors. An introductory email will be sent and the link to complete the GSSA will be included. Managers and supervisors can select an alternate to complete and submit the GSSA on their behalf.
Please read the latest communication pertaining to the 2021 GSSA launch.
GSSA Preview - PDF copy of the online survey. This preview shows all questions, explanations, answer choices, conditional triggers, and references of local, state, and federal safety regulations.
NOTE: This is not the official GSSA. Do not submit to EH&S for review.
GSSA Checklist - Shows a summarized form of the General Safety Self Audit. This format can be used when performing safety walkthroughs, and to identify areas where improvement is needed.
General Safety Self-Audit - Access and complete your self-audit questionnaire here during the open period.
- GSSA is currently closed - Available October 4 - December 31, 2021