The Lab Self-Audit (LSA) guides lab managers and personnel through inspection of their area, ensuring a safe working environment. Performed yearly, this program helps:
- Promote individual accountability for safety and regulatory compliance
- Encourage a proactive approach to environmental health and safety issues
- Facilitate a better understanding of regulatory compliance
- Reduce lab-related incidents/injuries/violations/fines through encouraging effective communication and training
Using an easy-to-follow checklist, principal investigators, lab managers and staff can spot potential safety and compliance concerns. The checklist will be reviewed by EH&S to verify whether safety equipment, standards, and practices are in place as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), other applicable regulatory agencies, and institutional policies.
The LSA will be used in conjunction with the EH&S annual inspections to identify compliance concerns/deficiencies and allows EH&S to assist in implementing corrective actions by educating the lab users on best laboratory practices and procedures.
Please read the latest communication pertaining to the upcoming launch of the 2018 LSA.
- LSA Preview – Check out the questions and perform a walkthrough in preparation for your audit.
- Please note: This is NOT the official Lab Self-Audit. Please do not submit to EH&S for review.
- Lab Self-Audit – Ready for your audit? Complete it within the scheduled time frame mentioned in the latest communication (above). If you need assistance, please contact the lab safety staff.
- LSA Feedback – Have ideas for improving the LSA? Let us know.
2017 LSA Data Report
2016 LSA Data Report