Where to Find Fire Extinguishers
Fire Extinguishers are readily available to all building occupants in the event of a fire; the units are mounted in a cabinet or on a bracket and are clearly labeled to make their locations easy to identify.
EH&S conducts monthly fire extinguisher inspections and coordinates the annual recertifications, six-year maintenance, and hydrostatic testing for the fire extinguishers. EH&S also ensures the units are in good working condition and available for use.
Please contact EH&S:
- To request an assessment in your area to ensure the type and amounts of extinguishers are adequate.
- To replace the existing fire extinguisher because:
- The unit has been discharged (extinguishers must be replaced when they have been activated, regardless of how much of the extinguishing agent was used)
- The pressure is too low or high (outside the green zone)
- The extinguisher is missing
- The mount is missing
- The extinguisher is damaged (dented, broken, pieces detached, etc.)
- The extinguisher is expired
- The type of extinguisher is incorrect
Request an Assessment/Replacement Here or send an email to email@example.com.